Last week I posted my favorite new Christmas cookie. Today is another version…kinda like her twin sister with a spicy, citrus twist.
I can’t emphasize how easy cookie cups are and the filling possibilities are endless. These gingerbread cups with orange marmalade, cranberries, and pecans are like a little bite of Christmas in your mouth.
Gingerbread Cookie Cups with Orange Marmalade, Cranberries, & Pecans
- 1 pkg gingerbread cookie dough, prepared to package instructions
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries, diced
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1/4 c. orange liqueur (Cointreau)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 c. orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 375° and spray a 24 cup mini muffin tray with nonstick spray.
- Prepare cookie dough per package instructions and roll into 24 balls.
- Place a ball of cookie dough into each muffin cup and bake for 10-11 minutes or until the edges are set.
- While the cookie cups are baking, combine the next 6 ingredients (cranberries through salt) in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 3-4 minutes until almost all liquid has evaporated and the cranberries are plump and sticky. Remove from heat.
- As soon as you remove the tray from the oven, use the end of a wooden spoon or rolling pin to make indentations into each cookie cup. If the hot cookie dough starts to stick to the end of the spoon, dip the end in some granulated sugar and continue.
- Let the cookie cups cool completely in the pan.
- When the cookies are completely cool, spoon one teaspoon of orange marmalade into each cup. Top with a small spoonful of the cranberry mixture and serve.
- Cookie cups and cranberry mixture can be made a few days ahead of time and stored in airtight containers. Assemble the cups when you're ready to serve.