Because I love bread…
Because I love pears…
Because I love walnuts…
Because I love saving butter wrappers to make greasing pans easier…
Because it’s Sunday…
Because the Green Bay Packers won…
Because technically it’s still the weekend…
I give to you, this yummy recipe!
Caramelized Pear & Walnut Bread with Apple Cider Glaze
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/4 c. apple cider
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour, such as King Arthur
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cloves
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. caramelized pears (recipe below)
- Apple Cider Glaze (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour a 9x5" loaf pan. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, oil, milk, and cider until thoroughly mixed.
- In a large bowl, sift flours, both sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Push any clumps through sifter.
- Slowly fold in the egg mixture into the dry mixture. Add in cooled pears and nuts. Fold lightly. Do not overmix. Some flour streaks or small clumps are ok. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Slice the bread and drizzle on the cider glaze.