Today it was super hot and humid.
Just like yesterday but worse.
I have a lot of thick hair that doesn’t do well in this kind of weather.
I look like I licked my finger and stuck it in an electrical socket.
Even so, days like today make me wish we had a big wrap around porch with some white rocking chairs.
If we did, I’d be out there right now sipping on some sweet tea.
But I don’t.
So instead I’ll settle for peach sweet tea with lemon sorbet.
On my couch.
In the air conditioning.
- 4 tea bags
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest (about 2 large lemons or 3 small lemons)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 16 oz bag frozen peaches
- Brew the 4 tea bags in 3/4 c. hot water for 5 minutes
- Pour the brewed tea, lemon zest, and sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes until all sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the tea cool to room temperature.
- Put the peaches in a blender and add the tea syrup. Blend until all the fruit is processed and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a container and freeze until set.