Can you believe that tomorrow is the last day of my ice cream marathon?
Neither could they when I told them.
Today is another “last” though.
The last sorbet.
It’s a bittersweet moment.
Actually way more sweet and not at all bitter.
I think if I made this again I would strain the puree before freezing to remove the seeds to make it smoother.
The texture un-strained reminded me more of a scoop of a frozen smoothie.
But it’s still delicious!
See you all tomorrow for the final post!
- 1-12 oz. can pear nectar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 24-28 oz. frozen berries depending on the consistency you like, I used raspberries and blueberries
- Combine the pear nectar and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer over medium high heat until sugar dissolves, 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the berries in a blender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the pear sugar syrup cool to room temperature.
- Once the pear syrup is cool, add to the blender. Blend until all the fruit is processed and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a container and freeze until set